PURPOSE: Perform duties of President in absence of President. Gain insight and knowledge into the management of the NCR to facilitate a smooth transition in leadership during election years.
TERM OF OFFICE: Two years. Elected in even numbered years. Automatically becomes President after end of term. If any Board Member is appointed to complete the term of President-Elect, the appointee will serve the complete term and ascend to President position when normal transition would occur.
RESPONSIBLE TO: NCR Board of Directors and General Membership.
RESPONSIBILITIES: See NCR President-Elect Job Description and Responsibilities (not part of By-laws) under appendices.
NCR PRESIDENT JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to Board communications within 1 week, (3 days for issues of High Importance). Use of Outlook Express “out of office” shall be used for notification to members when not available. A reliable contact phone/cell number shall be provided for necessary communication. If not compliant with communications, 3 reminders shall be allowed before a request to step down from position will be made.
- Submit annual report and evaluation of past activities of the office 1 month prior to publication of the NCR newsletter and/or WOCNews to the NCR President.
- Commit to serving as NCR President at end of term of President-elect.
- Work closely with the NCR President in order to gain knowledge into the responsibilities of that role.
- Act as Regional Conference liaison.
- Perform the duties of the NCR President in the absence or incapacity of the President.
- Attend all NCR Board of Director and General Membership meetings. Notify President if unable to attend, assuring all required reports are submitted 2 weeks prior to scheduled meeting.
- Participate in management of the affairs and business of the region.
- Seek insight into the direction of the NCR and strive for that goal.
- Become familiar with Robert’s Rules of Order and act as parliamentarian at meetings. If President-Elect is absent another person familiar with Robert’s Rules of Order is appointed.
- Review by-laws of the NCR semi-annually and present any recommendations for revision to the Board of Directors at the Board meeting prior to Fall Conference.
- Orient incoming President-Elect and the new members of Board of Directors to the President-Elect’s role. Transfer all records to the new President-Elect within the first month of his/her term.
- Submit budget for the role of President-Elect for the upcoming fiscal year to the NCR Treasurer by December 31st of the current fiscal year. Submit all expenses and outstanding invoices to the Treasurer by December 31st of the current fiscal year.
- Evaluate President-Elect position, job description and responsibilities and submit any recommended changes and/or additions every odd year prior to the first Board of Directors meeting of the new Fiscal Year.