PURPOSE: Manage finances for the NCR.
TERM OF OFFICE: Two years. Elected in odd numbered years. If any Board Member position must be appointed during the current term of office, the new acting Board Member shall serve out that complete term. The incumbent may place themselves on the ballot for the even year election for the position.
RESPONSIBLE TO: NCR Board of Directors and General Membership.
RESPONSIBLITIES: See NCR Treasurer Job Description and Responsibilities (not part of By-laws) under appendices.
NCR PRESIDENT JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to Board communications within 1 week, (3 days for issues of High Importance). Use of Outlook Express “out of office” shall be used for notification to members when not available. A reliable contact phone/cell number shall be provided for necessary communication. If not compliant with communications, 3 reminders shall be allowed before a request to step down from position will be made.
- Submit an annual financial report to the WOCN Central Office for review for tax-exempt status by deadline expected by WOCN Society (Usually January 31st).
- Maintain the care and custody of all funds of the region in such bank or banks, trust companies, and investments as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Maintain accurate records accounting for income and expenditures, updating monthly. Send written copy to Board members by the 10th of the following month or upon request of Board.
- Sign all checks or drafts of the region. Assure Board member co-signer available at all times.
- Reimburse members for approved expenditures within 5 days of submitted expenses.
- Serve as an advisor in financial matters to all officers and committee chairpersons.
- Attend all Board of Directors and General Membership meetings. Notify President if unable to attend, assuring all required reports are submitted 2 weeks prior to the scheduled meeting.
- Distribute the most current copy of the written financial report to all Board members at least 1 week prior to scheduled meeting dates and at General Membership meetings submit to Secretary for duplication 1 week prior to meeting.
- Draw up formal budget for approval prior to the first Board meeting of the new fiscal year.
- Maintain current financial bonding of NCR treasurer and renew as needed every 3 years.
- Arrange for auditing of financial records by self and another NCR Board member during the National WOCN Conference.
- Inform bank(s) of change in officers and arrange for necessary change of records within 2 weeks of change.
- Orient incoming Treasurer and the new members of the Board of Directors to the Treasurer’s role. Transfer all records to the new Treasurer within the first month of his/her term.
- Submit a budget for the role of Treasurer for the upcoming fiscal year by December 31st of the current year. Submit all expenses and outstanding invoices to the Treasurer by December 31st of the current fiscal year.
- Evaluate Treasurer’s position job description and responsibilities and submit any recommended changes and/or additions to the President-elect every odd year prior to the first Board of Directors meeting of the Fiscal Year.